WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Friday, September 12, 2014

The HIVE

Honeybee's abound in this amazing image I took of a natural Beehive I stumbled across as I was hiking yet another hot Texas trail this summer. The temperature was nearing the century mark (Fahrenheit) and the air was heavy and eerily silent as if nature itself was taking a siesta awaiting for the heat to subside.

Fortunately, this same silence allowed me to detect the faint hum of this Beehive located just off the trail nestled within the confines of an old oak tree. As the saying goes, they were truly "Busy Bees" for sure, and although I never felt threatened by them as I clicked away on my camera, I also did not feel too comfortable either as I am sure you can imagine why:)

THE HIVE 2014


For special digital licensing purposes, please contact me directly for quotes at dstew42@gmail.com or call me direct at 817-682-5528.

All images and writing are copyright © Nature's Realm Wildlife Photography All Rights Reserved. Copying, altering, displaying or redistribution of any of these images without written permission from the artist is strictly prohibited.

No comments:

Post a Comment