WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

I Dreamed of Africa


After 50 years on this great blue planet, and watching countless video of African wildlife and   safari adventures, I have finally decided to see it for myself come 2017. Ever since I was a kid watching early Tarzan flicks with Johnny Weissmuller, I have always been infatuated with the “Dark Continent” of Africa, and the amazing variety of wildlife that exist there.

National Geographic was never far from my side, and in my imagination, I have walked the Serengeti, climbed Mount Kilimanjaro, and ballooned across the great rift of Africa so very many times. The wonders of Africa are too numerous to mention, but I am confident that all I have envisioned will be but a faint glimmer as to seeing it with my own set of eyes.
I will be traveling to Nairobi Kenya with an old friend of mine, who like me; loves wildlife, nature photography and traveling the world over. I believe we are both explorers at heart, and long for a world where mystery and adventure still exist. For 13 straight days we will be on tent safari crossing the country of Kenya and seeing places such as Lake Nakuro, the Masai Mara, and numerous other locations whereas the “Big Five” animals of Africa can be seen (Elephant, Lion, Rhino, Buffalo, Leopard), hopefully in abundance. 

I am also excited to visit a sanctuary for orphaned Chimpanzees that the famous British researcher Jane Goodall founded. I intend on making the most of the trip, and hopefully will bring back great memories and amazing images!  

Cheers, 
Dennis 

Lake Nakuro
Masai Mara

No comments:

Post a Comment