WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Friday, January 8, 2016

Cottonmouth

One of my biggest fears as I meander about observing nature and wildlife is not that I will see a snake, but is that I will not see a snake of which I should have; especially like this venomous cottonmouth depicted below of which I stumbled upon last summer.

I have been very fortunate thus far with only a few close calls to date, and have come to realize that nature can be unforgiving and should I ever get too careless and not respect nature at all times, the consequences could be dire.

That said, snakes are good, and serve to keep nature in balance, so don't arbitrarily kill them should you see one in your backyard or garden, simply give them a wide berth or relocate them via a trained snake handler should you have kids and pets that could be in harms way.

Cottonmouth
P.S. If you liking the original wildlife images I bring to you everyday, please check out my Facebook page and give me a LIKE there too.

https://www.facebook.com/nrwildlifephotography/

No comments:

Post a Comment