WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Northern Shoveler Duck

This image of two Northern Shoveler Ducks is reminiscent of the type photographs and artwork I used to see in various "Field & Stream" magazines that my father would sometimes have laying around the house when I was a kid. I cannot honestly say that I was impressed all that much at the time in seeing them, however, as the years have gone by, I have found myself drawn to such images and scenes such as this time and time again.
Nature and wildlife is for me a natural remedy that cures both the mind and spirit, and an afternoon spent taking duck pictures on a tranquil pond or stream far, far away from the chaotic world we live in, is in my book, a very good day indeed.

I hope you like my work!  - Dennis


This shot was take at the Hagerman Wildlife Refuge in North Texas, USA

Equipment – Nikon D300 Camera with 150-500mm Adj Sigma Lens
Time of year: Winter 2013
Weather: Partly cloudy and cool



Check out all of my photography and other wildlife shots in my gallery! GALLERY/STORE


No comments:

Post a Comment