WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Saturday, November 18, 2017

AN OLD LION

In February of 2017, I traveled to Africa on a photographic safari with a dear friend of mine William (Bill) Newland. In July 2017, Bill sadly died...

Bill was a British American who absolutely loved nature, hiking and exploring our natural world. While in Africa, he never once complained and endured endless hours upon end on some of the roughest terrain imaginable. I never realized it at the time, but it was very likely that our African adventure was probably something on his "Bucket List".....although he never informed me of that fact outright, nor about how ill he probably was.

I am honored to have been able to spend time with my friend Bill during the last months of his life here on Earth and wish him Godspeed on the new journey he is now on. We will meet again someday...of that, there is no doubt.  






No comments:

Post a Comment